Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Art of Knowing When To Say When

When running your own business it is important that you develop the wisdom to know when to say when. It's important to realize that there are actually other things in life that you need to pay attention to.

For example, I know this may come as a surprise to some of you, but you are human and sometimes you need to take breaks to do things like eating and sleeping.

Don't forget about that family of yours. They need to see more than the back of your head. After all, didn't you start this business so you could spend more time with them?

Also, don't be afraid to give yourself breaks just to veg out. It's really easy to become a victim of information overload these days. Do some fun things online. There's nothing wrong with taking some time out to just play some games or whatever it was you used to do before you started trying to make some money online.

Oh yeah, don't forget to bathe. :-) I know it sounds silly, but sometimes we need to be reminded of such things. If you have to schedule these types of breaks on your computer to remind yourself, then do just that. Sometimes I amaze myself when I calculate how long I’ve been on the computer at one time.

Get up and stretch. Get outside(unless the smog alert is code orange). Play with your dog. Play with your cat. Read something totally non-business related.

I know it sounds hard, but I know you can do it. You'll be much more productive when you allow yourself to take a break. Okay, break over. Let's get back to work.

No comments: